How to make fresh pasta from scratch at home
Fresh Pasta dough – I am talking about homemade fresh pasta from scratch! Doesn’t it sound delicious? Yes, it is! Some of you might think authentic pasta dough recipe call for a different flour, e.g. 00 flour. This flour is ideal for dishes like pasta and pizza but not necessary. I have used All-purpose flour for this one and I loved how it turned out. Try out this super easy pasta dough recipe and let me know how it goes for you…
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Yields: 16 ravioli (I made ravioli with this dough)
- Eggs – 3
- Olive Oil – ½ to 1 tsp
- Crushed Pepper – 1/8 tsp (optional)
- Salt – Pinch 1/8 tsp
- All-purpose Flour/Maida – 1 Cup(plus 1-2 Tbsp. extra)
Fresh pasta using mixer attachment
- Take a mixer, I used my food processor’s big bowl attachment. (see the image)
- Add 3 eggs, salt, pepper & oil to it.
- Give it a whiz for 2-5 seconds just to combine everything.
- Now add 1 cup flour to it and turn on the mixer. Let is run for a couple of seconds.
- Stop and check the dough. If it too wet & sticky add 1 or 2 tbsp flour. Mix it.
- Once the dough is going in circles and can’t be mixed any further by food processor/ mixer stop and take out the dough,
- Knead the dough so it comes together and is smooth.
- Add a touch of olive oil and place the dough in a bowl to rest for 30 mins.
- After that, it is ready to use.
Homemade pasta without machine
- If you don’t know a food process, no problem let’s go the traditional Italian way.
- Take flour and make a well.
- In a bowl break & beat the eggs.
- Add eggs, oil, salt & pepper into the well.
- Now slowly take the flour from inside edge and start combining with egg mixture.
- Continue this process until flour & egg mixture is combined.
- Knead the dough until smooth dough.
- Lightly coat the dough with olive oil and rest it for 30 mins.
- Now you are ready to use the dough.
To know how to make it check out my spinach and ricotta ravioli recipe.
By Madhur Phadnis,