Easy and Healthy Carrot Soup
Rainy days! This weather made me lazy one the afternoon. It was already lunch time but no lunch! I started in my fridge to see what I can make to uplift my mood! Suddenly bright orange carrots caught my attention. This impromptu soup turned out delicious and definitely added sunshine to a dark and gloomy day!
It’s simple and quick and easy to make!! I am sure you will love it. Carrots soup can be made in different ways and this my rendition.
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 person
INGREDIENTS for Carrot Soup
- Large Carrots slices – 2 nos
- Chopped Spring Onions – 2-3
- Garlic minced – 2 to 3 cloves
- Water – ½ cup
- Olive Oil – 2 Tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper – as per taste
Step by Step process for carrot soup (images below):
- Boil the sliced carrots. It cooks faster if the carrots are cut. I used a pressure cooker with 2 whistles.
- Drain the carrots and puree them. I used my hand blender to puree it. You can use your standard mixer/blenders but allow the carrots to cool before you blend them.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add minced garlic and spring onions. Sauté it for few minutes.
- Now add pureed carrot to it and mix well.
- Add ½ cup water to it. Use the left-over water in which carrots were boiled. You can more water if you don’t like your soup thick.
- Simmer for few minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper and serve hot.